Thursday, June 17, 2010

at the old general store... join me..


 Recently, as i sorted through my inventory,  i realized i had many vintage items that reminded me...

of an old general store.  To me,  it would be the sound of footsteps on a wood floor, the warmth of a smile when you enter,  and a staggering variety of items.  Many of the items showing an aged patina that only comes from years of handling and being used.











I have more stock to be added. That means i'll have to add another room to this general store.


People would often gather at the store to gossip and socialize.  I thought it would be great to socialize with all of you and I'd love it if you would join me and add your items to this general store. 


Do you have some old store finds that evoke this feeling?

Let's start with roughly the early 1900's and see if we can eventually bring this store through to mid century.

1. Write a blog post and link it to this post in comments . OR..

2. Send me a link to your photo and a short description. I'd be happy to add it to the general store for you.

Hope you'll join me!
Sue
 ps; the above items will  be in my etsy shop soon.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails